"The Mic" at Nola's Rock Bar
"The Mic" is our OUTDOOR open mic at Nola's Rock Bar in Downtown Urbana! Every Thursday night at 8:30pm we will be on the back patio slinging jokes.
Can I just stroll in and watch?
Absolutely. No need to reserve or buy tickets. There is NO cover charge to attend the show. Just grab a drink and pull up a seat.
Can I sign up and go on stage?
Sure can. There is no experience required to get up on stage. From long time traveling performers to first timers, the mic is open to everyone. (Please read the performer rules below before signing up!)
What are the current restrictions?
Illinois is now under "Full Open" guidelines. Masks are not required for those fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated will still need to wear a mask when entering the building to use the restroom or get a drink. While outside, no masks are required for anyone.
NOLA's Rock Bar
119 W. Main Street
Restrictions: Ages 19+
1. All sign ups are done in advance. E-mail email@example.com for stage time.
2. Arrive 10-15 minutes before the show. If you are not there, your spot will be given to someone on the wait list.
3. You can not pick your spot. The list is made at random.
4. While this is an "R" rated show - - racist, homophobic, shock humor, political rants, etc. are not allowed. We are all adults, we know what this means.
5. This is a STAND UP comedy show. No sketches or improv.
6. Do not disrespect the venue or the audience.