"The Mic" at Nola's Rock Bar
"The Mic" is our open mic at Nola's Rock Bar in Downtown Urbana! Every Thursday night at 8:30pm we will be inside the bar slinging jokes. (Shows will be held outdoors when the weather warms back up)
Can I just stroll in and watch?
Absolutely. No need to reserve or buy tickets. There is NO cover charge to attend the show. Just grab a drink and pull up a seat.
Can I sign up and go on stage?
Sure can. There is no experience required to get up on stage. From long time traveling performers to first timers, the mic is open to everyone. (Please read the performer rules below before signing up!)
Are the shows inside or outside?
During the warm days of late-Spring to early-Fall, the shows will be held on the back patio. Once it gets cold, the shows will be held inside the bar.
NOLA's Rock Bar
119 W. Main Street
Restrictions: Ages 19+
1. All sign ups are done in advance. E-mail email@example.com for stage time.
2. Arrive 10-15 minutes before the show. If you are not there, your spot will be given to someone on the wait list.
3. You can not pick your spot. The list is made at random.
4. While this is an "R" rated show - - racist, homophobic, shock humor, political rants, etc. are not allowed. We are all adults, we know what this means.
5. This is a STAND UP comedy show. No sketches or improv.
6. Do not disrespect the venue or the audience.