Open Mic at The Canopy Club
Every Wednesday night at 8:30PM C-U Comedy's "The Mic" is at The Canopy Club! Taking place inside the Red Room, aspiring performers test out new jokes for your judgmental ears to cheer or boo (Please don't actually boo, that's mean. Sitting silently in disapproval is loud enough.)
The Mic is followed by karaoke. Come for the laughs, stick around and sing your heart out.
Can I just stroll in and watch?
Absolutely. No need to reserve or buy tickets. There is NO cover charge if you are over 21 years of age. Under 21, there is a $3 fee (this is a Canopy Club rule, not ours)
Can I sign up and go on stage?
Sure can. There is no experience required to get up on stage. From long time traveling performers to first timers, the mic is open to everyone. (Please read the performer rules below before signing up!)
Drink specials change often on Wednesdays. Check out the official Canopy Club website to keep up to date.
The Canopy Club
708 S. Goodwin
Urbana - Off Campus
Restrictions: Ages 18+
1. All sign ups are done in advance. E-mail email@example.com for stage time.
2. Arrive 10-15 minutes before the show. If you are not there, your spot will be given to someone on the wait list.
3. You can not pick your spot. The list is made at random.
4. While this is an "R" rated show - - racist, homophobic, shock humor, political rants, etc. are not allowed. We are all adults, we know what this means.
5. This is a STAND UP comedy show. No music, sketches or improv.
6. Do not disrespect the venue or the audience.